Equality and Diversity
Freedom to bring yourself to college
Our college is committed to ensuring that your experience is free from discrimination, bullying, harassment or victimisation and is an environment where you will be treated with respect and dignity.
We celebrate everyone, irrespective of their race, colour, disability, age, religion, belief, gender or sexual orientation.
Ours is a culture of equality and diversity. Equality means that everyone will get a fair chance and diversity means that your differences will be respected and embraced. It is important to us that you receive the support you need to enable you to fully participate in your course and are able to become involved I all aspects of college life.
You will study in a vibrant, inclusive environment where everyone’s contribution and individuality is valued.
Finally, we believe that embracing different cultures brings real benefits for everyone, as well as opportunities to learn from one another, share ideas, improve lives and develop rewarding careers.
Disability Confident Employer
South Essex College is certified as a Disability Confident Employer.
As a disability confident employer, we are committed to;
- Ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Ensuring that disabled people have equal opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations
- Removing barriers and increasing our understanding
- Supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
You may also want to read:
- 2018-19 Higher Education Transparency Data
- Safeguarding Policy
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
- Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion annual staff report (draft)
- Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion annual student report
- Gender Pay Gap Report 2020
- Disability Confident Employer Certificate
- Modern Slavery Act Statement