Strategic Plan & Values
South Essex College is a vibrant and thriving College meeting the needs of around 11,000 students each year, throughout Essex and beyond.
From age 14 upwards we have courses that suit everyone including international students. We employ over 1,000 people and our courses are delivered by industry-trained, professional tutors at a choice of campuses in Basildon, Southend, and Thurrock.
Our mission - Your life, our College, your future.
Our values - PROUD
The College has six core values which underpin everything we do. Respect is at our core but is also embedded within the other five values: partnership, respect, outstanding, united, determined.
Our strategic aims which set out our strategic plan for 2017-2020 are as follows:
- Deliver high quality, inclusive teaching, learning and assessment
- Develop and grow a sustainable, viable, innovative and responsive College
- Attract, develop and maintain a highly skilled, innovative and flexible workforce
- Respect, promote and celebrate diversity
- Develop our work with stakeholders to improve the economic prosperity of the South East
- Provide high quality, fit-for-purpose, accommodation and resources