Student Login Assistance
Remote Work Guidance
Important: Please read the Remote Work Guidance document for information on remote work to College IT Services.
Login with student email address and standard network password e.g. email@example.com.
Canvas (HE students only)
Login to Canvas (for Higher Education students only).
Access Your Work from Home
Please read the Instructions for using Remote Resources for guidance.
If you are logged in on a College computer you will be taken straight to your inbox. If you are accessing the site from any system outside the College you will be prompted to login.
If prompted please use your College email address and password to sign in. Your student email address is in the following format:
To help students South Essex College provides students with an initial starting credit at the beginning of each term. Additional credit can be purchased from the LRC at each site.
If you are at a site without an LRC; or simply wish to top up your print credit using a credit or debit card, please call 01702 221815. A member of our Finance team will take your details and credit your print account accordingly. The team will be available week days, during normal office hours.
If you need assistance with this, please email your contact details to PrintCredit@southessex.ac.uk using your college email account; with subject of "Print Credit", and a member of the team will call you back as soon as possible.
Please do NOT include any card information in your email.
The new Papercut print solution provides two services called Mobileprint and Webprint. Please read through the instructions here for more information.
- Please note that access to South Essex College services outside of College premises is not a guaranteed service.
- The College's Network User Agreement applies to your use of these services. You are responsible for the content of all files uploaded to the College Network.
- You should take necessary steps to ensure that your use of these services is secure and does not result in viruses or any other potentially harmful program or data reaching the College Network.
- You are responsible for the security of your College Username and Password and must ensure that no other person is aware of them.
- An individual’s external access to the College Network may be removed at any time and without warning. This may be for Security reasons, or for breach of this Policy.
- Staff Accessing the College Network externally should not use the service to transfer personal information relating to individuals - Please see College Data Protection Policy for more information.
Computing Services only support devices running the following operating system versions:
- Windows 8.1 Update and Windows 10 1903 and above
- macOS 10.13 and above
- iOS 12 and above
- Android Nougat (7.0) and above
This includes remote access, webmail and wireless access support.
Latest versions of web browsers should be used for accessing college systems. Your device should also be running all latest operating system updates and up to date anti-virus protection.