The purpose of the Behaviour Policy is to provide simple, practical procedures for staff and students that:
- Recognise appropriate/acceptable behaviour
- Positively reinforces appropriate/acceptable behaviour
- Promote self-esteem and self-discipline
- Develop appropriate behaviour through positive interventions
South Essex College is certified as Disability Confident Committed.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we have committed to:
- Ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicating and promoting vacancies
- Offering an interview to disabled people
- Anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- Supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- At least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
- Purchase Orders will be issued on College printed forms only and Suppliers must obtain an official order for all goods delivered, or services or works executed prior to delivery or supplying the service. Purchase Orders will be emailed to Suppliers.
- DELIVERY: All goods are to be delivered, carriage paid, to the place specified, at the stipulated time. (Suppliers are responsible for any damage including damage during transit.)
- The Purchase Order Number and Date must be quoted on all advice notes, invoices and correspondence relating to this order. Failure to do so will impede payment.
- PACKAGING: Packing materials, if used, must be non-chargeable, unless otherwise stated in the purchase order.
- ADVICE NOTES: In order to expedite payment an ADVICE NOTE should accompany the delivery or must be posted to the delivery address the day the goods are despatched, quoting the Purchase Order number.
INVOICES:A separate invoice is to be rendered for each order. This must quote the Purchase Order number. It is not required in duplicate unless specifically requested, and must be sent to the Essex Shared Services, C/o South Essex College, Nethermayne, Basildon, Essex SS61 5NN.
Payment will normally be made before the end of the month following the month in which the invoice is received by the College.
- ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: If required by the College, this Purchase order is to be acknowledged at once in writing, stating full acceptance of the terms and conditions therein.
- STATEMENT: If required, a Statement of Account is to be rendered to the Essex Shared Services (as above).
EVERY PURCHASE ORDER which carries directly or indirectly an engagement of services and/or labour for work to be performed arising from this contract, is subject to the following INDEMNITY CLAUSES. The Supplier warrants that the goods supplied shall be of such a nature and quality as to comply with the provisions of all material Acts of Parliament and all Orders and Regulations made thereunder and the Supplier agrees to indemnify the College by reason of any breach of the same.
The Supplier agrees to indemnify the College against all actions proceedings costs claims liability and damages arising out of any infringements of the rights of third parties in respect of any letters patent registered designs trade marks trade names or copyrights, which may arise out of the performance of this contract.
- Acceptance of the goods or any part thereof shall not prejudice the right of rejection of goods found to be defective. The College reserves the right to return to the Supplier at any time at the Supplier's expense and risk the whole or any part of any goods which the College considers to be defective or of inferior manufacture. The carrier shall be the Agent of the Supplier.
Where this order relates to services or works not covered by another contract, the following shall apply:
The Supplier shall provide the service or work with all proper skill and care using materials as necessary which are fit for the purpose for which they will be used and are of good quality.
The Supplier shall make good any defect in work which occurs within one month of completion of the work or as may be required by the College.
- INSURANCE: The Supplier shall indemnify and keep indemnified the College against all losses and claims for death, injuries, costs or damage to any person or property whatsoever (including where the contract is for the supply of goods, the goods themselves) which may arise out of the performance of this Contract.
- This contract shall be construed according to the Laws of England.
- Acceptance of the order by the Supplier acknowledges that the College's terms and conditions contained above override any conditions of sale which the supplier may have in force.
Refunds for evening and weekend courses will be considered subject to the conditions set out below:
- Full refund if College cancel the course at any time
- No refund will be given if the learner cancels the booking during the 7 days preceding the course start date
- No changes to the booking allowed during the 7 days preceding the course start date
- If a booking is cancelled prior to the 7 days preceding the course start date, the College reserves the right to deduct any Eventbrite booking fee from the refund amount
- No refund or change of course allowed after the commencement of the course
The Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 2000 requires all Higher and Further Education establishments to adopt and maintain a 'Publication Scheme'. The purpose of the act is to promote greater openness and accountability and will give everyone the right to access all information held, subject to some exemptions, by all educational establishments and public authorities.
The purpose of these procedures is to provide a framework by which students can be productive members of the College and successfully complete their learning programme.
Whilst every care has been taken in developing this website, it is intended for general guidance only. The College cannot guarantee the provision of all courses and schemes in the light of circumstances beyond its control and therefore reserves the right to make changes or cancel any course without notice, should this be necessary.