The purpose of the Behaviour Policy is to provide simple, practical procedures for staff and students that:
- Recognise appropriate/acceptable behaviour
- Positively reinforces appropriate/acceptable behaviour
- Promote self-esteem and self-discipline
- Develop appropriate behaviour through positive interventions
South Essex College is certified as Disability Confident Committed.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we have committed to:
- Ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicating and promoting vacancies
- Offering an interview to disabled people
- Anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- Supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- At least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
Refunds for evening and weekend courses will be considered subject to the conditions set out below:
- Full refund if College cancel the course at any time
- No refund will be given if the learner cancels the booking during the 7 days preceding the course start date
- No changes to the booking allowed during the 7 days preceding the course start date
- If a booking is cancelled prior to the 7 days preceding the course start date, the College reserves the right to deduct any Eventbrite booking fee from the refund amount
- No refund or change of course allowed after the commencement of the course
The Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 2000 requires all Higher and Further Education establishments to adopt and maintain a 'Publication Scheme'. The purpose of the act is to promote greater openness and accountability and will give everyone the right to access all information held, subject to some exemptions, by all educational establishments and public authorities.
The purpose of these procedures is to provide a framework by which students can be productive members of the College and successfully complete their learning programme.
Whilst every care has been taken in developing this website, it is intended for general guidance only. The College cannot guarantee the provision of all courses and schemes in the light of circumstances beyond its control and therefore reserves the right to make changes or cancel any course without notice, should this be necessary.