Public Services Level 2 Diploma
If you are thinking of a career in the public services sector, this course could be ideal for you. It is the perfect course to find out more about the public services and what you would need to know to join them.
This is a full-time, Intermediate Level 2 qualification in which you study a whole range of subjects that give you a great understanding of public services. The course is designed to give you a good underpinning knowledge of the public services and develop some essential skills that you will need in the future.
In addition to the main qualification you will study functional skills.
You will learn in a variety of ways, from traditional class activities and lessons to practical activities such as working in teams.
A Level 1 qualification or GCSEs x 2 at grade 3/D in MATHS or ENGLISH
- Successful attendance at interview event
- Working in public services
- Career planning for public services
- Basic first aid principles
- Community and cultural awareness
- Crime and society
- Planning own fitness programme
- Adventurous activities
- Emergency incidents in public services
- Carrying out a public services project
- Working in a team
- Volunteering in public services
- Effective communication in the workplace
- Development of personal fitness
- Assisting the public
- Interview skills
- Maths and English
We expect all our public services students to wear a uniform when they attend college. The uniform consists of black trousers/skirt (not jeans) with black shoes and a golf shirt and/or fleece with a South Essex College logo. The polo shirt/fleece will be purchased via the college. As an alternative to the black trousers / skirt and black shoes you may choose to opt for smart black combat trousers and plain black trainers. Apart from pen and paper, you also will need clothing suitable for the fitness and sports units. Most students will experience a residential visit, so a sleeping bag, suitable walking and bad weather clothing will be expected.
Assessment & Feedback
- Portfolio of evidence
FREE to UK under 19s not in employment
- Public Services Level 3 Extended Diploma