University Centre Student Services
Welcome to our support services for Higher Education Students. We are based on the 3rd floor of the Forum (Southend) and will provide you with wholly independent information and guidance, whatever your plans for the future.
- Fees and funding webpage
- Disability support
- Peer Mentoring
We also offer information and advice on disability, welfare, accommodation, and fees and funding. At South Essex College, you will have the opportunity to consider your future career and prepare to find employment. The Careers service offers confidential advice, interviews, workshops and provide the opportunity for students to realise their potential. Support is available to develop important careers related skills and knowledge, such as CV design and interview techniques.
We offer drop-in sessions for quick careers queries and also one-to-one guidance appointments can be made to discuss topics in more depth.
Individual appointments available. Please don’t hesitate to book an individual appointment with our friendly team to discuss your specific career path, assist you if you’re unsure of what direction to go in or need some additional support whilst studying your chosen course.
Common careers discussion points are:
- Options with your subject and progression routes
- Unsure of career pathway to choose following graduation
- Finding graduate employment
- Employability skills
- Interview skills
- How employers assess candidates during a selection process
- Internships/Work Experience
- Teaching Pathways
- Voluntary Work/Work shadowing
- Higher Education funding
- Postgraduate Qualifications
- PHD Research
- CV/ application form assistance
- Covering letter/supporting statement advice