Interested in a new career in teaching?
The Taking Teaching Further project is an initiative lead by the Education Training Foundation (ETF) and at South Essex College we support industry professionals who are looking to get into teaching.
Teaching is an exciting and highly rewarding career choice and further education lecturing is a growing sector. At the college staff are able to pass on their knowledge and skills to young people in many areas and industries such as construction, engineering, health and social care, business, art and design, media, IT, sport and performing arts. Our teaching staff train the workforces of the future.
Some teachers at the college choose to work on a part-time basis so they can continue to work in their chosen industry. This allows them to keep up-to-date with important developments and to continue to forge links and contacts that benefit students.
Taking Teaching Further project
The Taking Teaching Further project enables colleges and further education providers to recruit experienced industry professionals who can bring employment sector-relevant knowledge to their teaching and institutions. These recruits have the potential to improve outcomes for students through their understanding of the latest skills, techniques, approaches and equipment that set the standards within sectors such as:
- Agriculture, Environmental and Animal Care
- Catering and Hospitality
- Business and Administrative
- Creative Design
- Education and Childcare
- Engineering and Manufacturing
- Hair and Beauty
- Health and Science
- Legal, Finance and Accounting
- Protective Services
- Sales, Marketing and Procurement
- Social Care
- Transport and Logistics
The project provides an enhanced package which consists of:
- Gaining a Level 5 Teaching Qualification (Diploma in Education/Training or PgCE)
- Opportunity to shadow other qualified teachers
- 18 hours teaching timetable
- Enhanced mentoring and support package above and beyond normal college induction programm
- You must have been in industry or have been in industry in the last 12 months
- You must not have extensive teaching experience and teaching qualifications
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, please contact: email@example.com