Interactive Digital Media Level 3 Extended Diploma
The world is moving fast. Technology and social media has dominated our engagement with the internet for around 10 years. It is more than just cat photos and fail videos.
This Level 3 course takes all of your current knowledge of social media use and rolls you into a marketing content creator allowing you to flip from consumer to producer. You’ll be learning about and creating content for a whole host of platforms including Snapchat, TikTok, YouTube and Instagram and learning about how these platforms are used by companies to engage with their audiences. You’ll learn about virality, trends, capitalising on audiences and the modern tradable commodity; attention.
Having the opportunity to work on live briefs and working with companies in a variety of industries, you will gain expert knowledge across a range of skills that is transferrable to a number of new roles that didn’t exist 10 years ago. Many roles you will adopt in your lives will now require you to put on many different skills hats and this course teaches you the required resilience, diversity and creative ability to thrive.
- Working knowledge of all social media platforms
- Working knowledge of Adobe software
- Level 2 qualification or GCSEs x 4 at grade 4/C - two to be grade 4/C in ENGLISH AND MATHS
- You will be asked to provide evidence of your ability in the subject which could be in the form of a portfolio
- Successful attendance at interview
- Adobe software
- Content creation
- Video Production and Editing
- Design (inc. digital)
- Audience data and trends
- Social Media and non-traditional platforms
- Search engine optimisation SEO
- Search engine marketing SEM
- Paid advertising
- Customer profiling
- Digital and online PR
Assessment & Feedback
This programme is delivered full time, three days per week.
- Portfolio based submissions
- Research, experimentation and development.
- Course work throughout each project in various formats - written text, images, video's, vlogs and digital files.
- Practical assessment.
- Creative Exploration.
- Critical Analysis and Reflection.
- Individualised learner journeys.
- The second year will be split into three projects combining practical and theoretical understanding while demonstrating the skills developed throughout the year previous.
FREE to UK/Home under 19s not in employment
Students could progress onto the following courses;
Additional further education diplomas
Degree courses within higher education
Level 4 professional diploma
The self-employed sector.
This qualification has been developed in collaboration with subject practitioners and further education colleges to ensure that it provides learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to prepare learners for employment and/or support a role in the workplace.
Potential job roles following this course could be:
- Content creators
- Social media managers
- You tubers
- Digital media marketing
- Social content
- Content-first agencies
- Advertising agencies
- Video production
- Radio production
- Graphic design
- Assistant producers