Health and Social Care Level 2 Extended Diploma
This qualification aims to provide you with knowledge and understanding across a range of key subject areas in health and social care.
You will complete a minimum of 30 hours work experience in a care setting (a DBS will be required)
Level 1 qualification or GCSEs x 2 at grade 3/D in MATHS or ENGLISH
An enhanced DBS disclosure
- Successful attendance at interview event
- Equality and diversity rights in health and social care
- Human growth and development
- Safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Communication in health and social care
- Working in health and social care
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Anatomy and physiology
Assessment & Feedback
- 30 hours work placement
FREE to UK under 19s not in employment.
Aged 18 as of 31st August 2022 and applying for Level 3 Extended Diploma?
Your application and enrolment will be for the one year Level 3 Diploma. If you wish to complete the full Extended Diploma you will need to apply for an (Advanced Learner Loan) to cover the tuition fees after successfully completing the Diploma.
For more information please contact our admissions team
These qualifications do not provide a licence to practise, but may support progression into a range of job roles in the health and social care sector, including:
- Care support workers in adult residential settings
- Healthcare assistants in community, primary care and acute health environments
- Care support workers in domiciliary services, supported living or day services
- Community-based support workers
- This qualification will also provide progression to the level 3 health and social care