Sport and Exercise Sciences Level 3 Extended Diploma
This course will prepare you for a career in the sport industry or as a stepping stone to a Higher Education course at University. The Extended Diploma is equivalent to three A Levels.
You will need a minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade 5-9, including maths,English, science and physical education
Sport and Active Leisure Level 2 Diploma and grades 5-9 in maths and English
- Functional anatomy
- Applied sport and exercise psychology
- Specialised fitness training
- Applied research methods in sport and exercise science
- Sociocultural issues in sport and exercise science
- Coaching for performance and fitness
- Sport and exercise physiology
- Nutrition for sport and exercise performance
- Technology in sport and exercise science
- Sports injuries and assessment
- Field and laboratory-based fitness testing
- Physical activity for individual and group-based exercise
- Research project in sport and exercise science
Assessment & Feedback
- Group work
- Individual assessments
- Four externally assessed exams across the two year period
FREE to UK under 19s not in employment.
Aged 18 as of 31st August 2022 and applying for Level 3 Extended Diploma?
Your application and enrolment will be for the one year Level 3 Diploma. If you wish to complete the full Extended Diploma you will need to apply for an (Advanced Learner Loan) to cover the tuition fees after successfully completing the Diploma.
For more information please contact our admissions team
Higher education at university or college, including our BSc (Hons) Sport Studies at University Centre Southend.