Sport and Exercise Sciences Level 3 Extended Diploma
This course will prepare you for a career in the sport industry or as a stepping stone to a Higher Education course at University. The Extended Diploma is equivalent to three A Levels.
You will need a minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade 5-9, including maths,English, science and physical education
Sport and Active Leisure Level 2 Diploma and grades 5-9 in maths and English
- Functional anatomy
- Applied sport and exercise psychology
- Specialised fitness training
- Applied research methods in sport and exercise science
- Sociocultural issues in sport and exercise science
- Coaching for performance and fitness
- Sport and exercise physiology
- Nutrition for sport and exercise performance
- Technology in sport and exercise science
- Sports injuries and assessment
- Field and laboratory-based fitness testing
- Physical activity for individual and group-based exercise
- Research project in sport and exercise science
Assessment & Feedback
- Group work
- Individual assessments
- Four externally assessed exams across the two year period
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment.
Higher education at university or college, including our BSc (Hons) Sport Studies at University Centre Southend.