Skills for Sport and Active Leisure - Football Academy Level 2 Extended Certificate
Former Southend United manager Steve Tilson heads this course which will prepare you for a career in sport. Training three times a week with match day on Wednesdays, this course will enhance your skills and allow you to progress to further studies within the sports curriculum area.
- Level 1 qualification or GCSEs x 2 at grade 3/D in MATHS or ENGLISH
Successful attendance at interview event and football trial
- Practical sport
- Nutrition for sports performance
- Planning and leading sport or active leisure activities
- Fitness testing and training
- Sports coaching
- Development of personal fitness
Assessment & Feedback
- Written assessments
- Practical performance and evaluation
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment
Successful candidates can progress onto Level 3 sport programmes or pursue a career as a coach.