Performing and Production Arts (Musical Theatre) Level 3 Extended Diploma
This course is ideal if you have an interest in musical theatre, the performing arts industry and would like to pursue an education and eventually a career in this industry. The delivery is vocationally led through a series of performance projects.
Please be rest assured that we will continue to make an offer based on your predicted grades or by alternative assessments for entry conditions based on your circumstances.
- Four GCSEs at grade 4/grade C including English language and maths, or
- Performing and Production Arts (Acting or Dance) Level 2 Diploma plus maths and English language at grade 4/grade C, or equivalent
- You will be asked to evidence your ability in the subject in the form of an audition
- Successful attendance at interview event
- Musical Theatre styles and genres
- Singing techniques (ensemble and solo)
- Musical Theatre acting techniques
- Ballet, Tap and Jazz techniques
- Developing your speaking voice (articulation)
- Analysis of text and the written word
- Research and creative contexts
- Body Conditioning and Fitness
- Performance Skills
- Music theory
- Progression onto Higher Education
- English and maths
Assessment & Feedback
- Project/portfolio based learning
- Practical tasks
- Self-evaluation of own practice
- Reflective processes
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment.
Progress onto a vocational Drama School training or University degree qualification.