Performing and Production Arts (Musical Theatre) Level 3 Extended Diploma
This course is ideal if you have an interest in musical theatre, the performing arts industry and would like to pursue an education and eventually a career in this industry. The delivery is vocationally led through a series of performance projects.
- A Level 2 qualification or GCSEs x 4 at grade 4/C - one to be grade 4/C in ENGLISH OR MATHS dependent on vocational subject to be studied
- You will be asked to evidence your ability in the subject in the form of an audition
- Successful attendance at interview event
- Musical Theatre styles and genres
- Singing techniques (ensemble and solo)
- Musical Theatre acting techniques
- Ballet, Tap and Jazz techniques
- Developing your speaking voice (articulation)
- Analysis of text and the written word
- Research and creative contexts
- Body Conditioning and Fitness
- Performance Skills
- Music theory
- Progression onto Higher Education
- English and maths
Assessment & Feedback
- Project/portfolio based learning
- Practical tasks
- Self-evaluation of own practice
- Reflective processes
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment.
Progress onto a vocational Drama School training or University degree qualification.