Performing and Production Arts (Live Events and Theatre Production) Level 3 Extended Diploma
This course provides an exciting and hands-on learning experience, preparing students to work in live events and the backstage theatre industries.
Students will learn all aspects of the industry in the college’s state-of-the-art auditorium at the Grays campus, building skills and knowledge in a supportive and energetic environment.
To meet the emerging needs of the entertainment sector, in particular the crucial behind-the-scenes careers that make the magic happen, the course trains young people for the theatre, music, event and corporate sectors.
Students will develop knowledge of lighting, sound and set design whilst enhancing their production and stage management skills. There will be opportunities and projects to work with current performance students at the college and external clients.
- Level 2 qualification or GCSEs x 4 at grade 4/C - one to be grade 4/C in ENGLISH OR MATHS dependent on vocational subject to be studied
- A relevant performing arts qualification is desirable, but not essential
- Successful attendance at interview event
- Principles of performance
- Engaging with an audience
- Introduction to professional practice
- Critical and contextual awareness
- Production skills and context
- Performance skills and context
- Preparation for specialist study
- Collaborative performance project
Assessment & Feedback
Level 3 Diploma in Performing and Production Arts will be internally assessed and internally and externally moderated against the assessment criteria for the units.
FREE to UK under 19s not in employment.
Aged 18 as of 31st August 2022 and applying for Level 3 Extended Diploma?
Your application and enrolment will be for the one year Level 3 Diploma. If you wish to complete the full Extended Diploma you will need to apply for an (Advanced Learner Loan) to cover the tuition fees after successfully completing the Diploma.
For more information please contact our admissions team
Students can go on to study higher education or move into the following areas of work -
- Stage manager
- Lighting designer
- Sound engineer
- Venue technician
- Front of house operations manager