People Practice CIPD Level 3 Foundation Certificate
This course is due to run in January 2023 pending CIPD approval. For more information please email a member of the team.
Human Resources professionals deliver front-line assistance to managers and employees. They will typically be taking ownership for providing advice to managers on a wide range of HR issues from recruitment through to retirement, using company policy and current law.
The CIPD Level 3 Foundation Certificate in People Practice is the entry level qualification for a career in Human Resources. Learners will be introduced to a wide range of relevant knowledge and expertise in people practice. This course is suited to learners who:
- Are studying, aspiring to, or embarking on, a career in people practice
- Are working in a people practice support role and wish to develop their knowledge and deliver immediate and short-term value for their organisation
- Wish to develop the specialist knowledge, skills and understanding required to be a people professional.
This flexible course is delivered in partnership with Mindful Education and combines online learning with face-to-face lessons in the classroom.
Please note: classroom attendance on campus is fortnightly, every other Thursday (afternoons)
- Maths and English GCSE at grade 4 or above
- A total of 5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above
- Prior commercial experience may also be considered.
- Limited HR/L&D experience but a keen interest in the functions of HR or L&D with the full backing of their organisation may also be considered.
Note: You will be required to join the Chartered institute of Personnel and Development.
- Joining fee £40
- Student Membership fee £99
The core units covered:
- Business, culture and change in context
- Principles of analytics
- Core behaviours for people professionals
- Essentials of people practice.
Assessment & Feedback
Assessment methods balance practical application, research into your own organisation and applying theory into written assignments.
Online and On Campus
We have partnered with Mindful Education to deliver this course through our flexible Online and On Campus model.
Online, you will study award-winning video lessons, which are available on demand, and can be viewed from your phone, tablet or computer – meaning you can choose how, when and where you want to study.
Lessons last for around 45-60 minutes and are accompanied by animations and motion graphics to bring concepts to life. Practice questions, downloadable lesson materials and interactive case studies help to enhance the learning experience further and learners should expect to spend around 3-4 hours studying independently online each week.
On campus, you benefit from regular classes with a college tutor – without having to commit to attending multiple evenings each week. Your tutor will review what you have learnt during your online lessons and will be on hand to provide guidance on progress and assessment. Regular discussion with classmates will help to reinforce key points while also providing the additional support and motivation that comes from being part of a group.
Course duration: 8 months
Classroom attendance: On campus fortnightly, every other Thursday (afternoons)
Promotion within a HR/L&D related field to HR Advisor, Business Partner or HR Manager. Progress to the L5 Associate Diploma in People Management.
Successful completion of the CIPD L3 Certificate gives you Foundation Membership of the CIPD. CIPD membership gives you a badge of professionalism that is internationally recognised, showcasing your knowledge and impact within the people profession.