Music Performance and Production Level 2 Diploma
This course is ideal if you have an interest in music practice or production and would like to pursue an education and eventually a career in this industry. you will specialise in music performance or production.
This course provides an introduction to the music industry if you are a music practitioner and/or have an interest in music production. Skills and knowledge will be developed through a focus on the music industry. The course also aims to develop wider skills to enable you to progress on to a level 3 study programme in music.
Please be rest assured that we will continue to make an offer based on your predicted grades or by alternative assessments for entry conditions based on your circumstances.
A Level 1 qualification or GCSEs x 2 at grade 3/D in MATHS or ENGLISH
You will be asked to evidence your ability in this subject in the form of an audition
- Successful attendance at an interview event
- Planning and creating a musical product
- Exploring the music industry
- Exploring musical composition
- Producing and recording music
- Exploring and using music production software
- Working as an ensemble
- Rehearsal techniques
- Planning and supporting a musical production
- Music theory
- English and maths
Assessment & Feedback
- Project/portfolio based learning
- Practical tasks
- Evaluation of work
- Examinations in English and maths
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment
You can progress to the Level 3 extended ICT diploma at South Essex College.