The programme is built around supporting you to gain an insight into the different functions within a business environment. You will learn about a variety of functions such as; HR, Finance, Sales & Marketing, Retail and Enterprise operations.
You are required to attend College in professional business attire (Suits for males and office attire for women), this will enable you to have the mind-set of a young professional. It will also be beneficial for you to have a business idea which you will apply to all of the assignments that you will be completing as part of this course.
Examples of business ideas thought of from previous students include: wanting to set up their own magazine, wanting to set up an events management business, buying and selling stock, providing services such as graphic design, car washes or even photography.
What ideas will you have?
A Level 1 qualification in business, GCSEs x 2 at grade 3/D in MATHS and ENGLISH
Successful attendance at interview event
- effective communication for the workplace
- understanding business organisations
- exploring entrepreneurship
- exploring and presenting entreprise ideas
- promoting products and services
- supporting sustainability
- understanding finance in a business context
- understanding online business activities
- working with customers
- budget and managing money
- business documentation
- business project
- solving business problems
- ICT for the workplace
- the role of an administrator
Assessment & Feedback
displays, role plays, presentations or written assignments
School Leavers, full_time: FREE
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment
- Access to Level 3 Progression Study Programme
- Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Business
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Business Administration
- with additional training you can progress to a career as a business administrator, administration team leader, office supervisor or personal assistant