Skills for Public Services Level 1 Diploma
If you are thinking of a career in the public services sector, this course could be ideal for you. It is the perfect course to find out more about the public services and what you would need to know to join them.
The course will be a combination of public service and employability units to allow you to develop the transferable skills needed in the public services and day-to-day life.
- Two GCSEs at grade 2/grade E including maths or English, or
- An Entry 3 qualification, or equivalent
- Successful attendance at interview
- Successful attendance at transition event
- Working in public services
- Career planning for public services
- Expedition skills
- Fitness testing and training
- Volunteering in public services
- Public service incidents
- Public services: assisting the public
- Forensic detection
- Searching for a job
- Applying for a job
- Preparation for interview
- Time management
- Skills for team workers
- Setting and meeting targets at work
- Maths and English
We expect all our public services students to wear a uniform when they attend college. The uniform consists of black trousers / skirt (not jeans) with black shoes and a polo shirt and/or fleece with the South Essex College logo. The golf shirt/fleece will be purchased via the college's approved supplier. As an alternative to the black trousers / skirt and black shoes you may choose to opt for smart black combat trousers and plain black trainers. Apart from pen and paper, you will also need clothing suitable for the fitness and sports units.
Most students will experience a residential visit, so a sleeping bag, suitable walking and bad weather clothing will be expected.
A key element of your course is the attainment of Functional Skills (English and Maths). You will study both of these essential functional skills.
Assessment & Feedback
- Portfolio of evidence
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment
- Public Services Level 2 Diploma