IT Level 3 Extended Diploma
Important note for new applicants
(Updated 07 May 2020)
Possible delay to Basildon campus opening
This course will be temporarily offered at either the Southend or Thurrock Campus until the new Basildon campus is opened. See below for further details.
Unfortunately due to the lockdown and the difficulty in getting materials delivered to the site, construction has now had to stop until there is a relaxation in the Government guidelines, and this will result in a delay to the completion and opening of the Basildon Town Centre Campus.
In order that you can begin your course as planned we have put some contingency plans in place to allow students to start their courses at one of our other campuses until the Basildon Town Centre Campus is completed.
- Additional travel costs
Any additional travel costs incurred by you having to travel to an alternative campus for the beginning of your course will be paid by the College.
- Applying for a course at the new Basildon campus
After you have applied please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us if you would prefer to start at our Southend or Thurrock Campus.
This course will give you all you need to prepare for a career in IT in specialist areas ranging from business software development to networking and systems support.
Completing this course will give you an Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT.
- Four GCSEs at grade 4/grade C including maths or English, or
- IT User Skills Level 2 Diploma plus maths and English at level one, or equivalent
- Successful attendance at interview event
- Using social media in business
- Communications & employability skills
- Information technology systems
- Mobile apps development
- Systems analysis & design
- Website production
- Data modelling
- Creating systems to manage information
Assessment & Feedback
- Written/online exams
- Group discussions
- Written articles
- Course assignments
- Practical activities
- Reflective writing
- Group and/or individual presentations
- Self-directed learning through blended learning activities
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment.
This course will enable you to progress to higher education or an apprenticeship. You could also begin a career in IT as an IT technician, junior programmer, web designer or a systems analyst trainee.