iLearn Childcare Multiple Level Award
A three-week classroom based training programme that combines our iPrep course (skills for work) with the training and qualifications needed to start a career in the childcare sector.
This course offers an excellent opportunity to transform your CV and boost your employment opportunities.
Applications, information, advice and guidance
If you wish to apply for this course or have any questions please register your interest at email@example.com or call 01702 220409. A member of South Essex College staff will then be in touch.
Available Start Dates
Applicants for this course must complete an online form that includes a basic English assessment. The assessment is necessary to ensure that applicants can cope with the demands of the course and to make sure that awarding body entry criteria is met.
We regret that we cannot provide iLearn courses for free to individuals who reside in the following combined authorities: Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, West of England, West Midlands, Tees Valley, Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, Newcastle Upon Tyne, North Tyneside and Northumberland, Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham, Sheffield and West Yorkshire.
Candidate identification requirements
Candidates must provide one of the following forms of identification:
- Valid passport (any nationality)
- Signed UK photocard driving licence
- UK biometric residence permit card
- Birth certificate (BUT, if a birth certificate is presented as proof of identification, an additional form of identification such as a signed bank card, utility bill or a letter issued by a government department must also be provided).
This course gives participants the opportunity to achieve the following industry-based qualifications during the first 2 weeks of training:
- NCFE Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
- Highfield Award in Health & Safety
- Highfield Award in Customer Service
- Ascentis Award in Equality & Diversity
- Ascentis Award in British Values
- Highfield Certificate in Personal Development for Employability
- Skillsfirst Award in Ways to Maintain Mental Well-Being
For week 3 participants can choose to take 2- 3 Highfield qualifications from the following list:
- Award in Emergency First Aid
- Award in First Aid for Mental Health
- Award in Prevention & Control of Infection
- Award in Food Safety & Allergens Awareness
- Award in Substance Misuse
- Award in Safeguarding
- Award in Conflict Management
Assessment & Feedback
3 weeks in total delivered as follows:
Weeks 1 & 2 will be Monday to Friday for 3 hours per day (exact times will be discussed on application).
These weeks are on offer at Princess Caroline House in Southend-on-Sea or at our Basildon or Thurrock campus.
Week 3 will be Monday to Friday 09:30 – 16:30 at Princess Caroline House in Southend-on-Sea.
- Princess Caroline House
1 High Street, Southend-on-Sea, SS1 1JE
- Basildon Campus
College Way, Basildon, SS14 1GP
- Thurrock Campus
High Street, Grays, RM17 6TF
Due to Covid-19 our courses have become a blended learning offer - a mix of classroom training and self-directed study with tutor support. Gaining the amount of qualifications on offer requires dedication. This means attendance at all classroom sessions is mandatory and completion of all homework tasks is necessary. At least one workbook per day will need to be completed at home and brought in the following day for marking. Each workbook takes 2-3 hours to complete.
Provided you meet the entry rquirements listed above this course is FREE to those who are unemployed, resident in England and in receipt of Universal Credit or similar benefits. It is also FREE to those who are working and earning under £17,374.50 per year.
Jobs that can be applied for on completion of this course include:
Nursery worker, pre-school assistant, playgroup assistant, teaching assistant.