The Level 3 Diploma in Hairdressing is for hair stylists that have already achieved level 2 in Hairdressing. This qualification enables progression within the industry and is the next step for your chosen career path. It can open a variety of opportunities including salon work, hotel spas, cruise ships, airlines, health spas, salon technician, salon trainer/assessor, sales and management.
The course is ideal if you have worked in hairdressing and you want to progress and develop your skills in a specialised area. You will complete a number of core and optional units.
It is important for our stylists to have the strongest educational foundation and here at South Essex College we will train you in our state of art salons, using professional product range and you will study industry-recognised modules and qualifications. This means you will develop and practice the skills required for progression and employment.
Level 2 qualification in Hairdressing or similar, plus GCSE grade 4/C in English or Maths
Successful attendance at interview event
- You will be required to purchase salon wear, equipment kit, textbooks and consumables
- Hairdressing consultation services
- Cut hair using a combination of techniques
- Creatively colour and lighten hair
- Creatively style and dress hair
- Hair colour correction services
- Monitor and maintain health & safety practice in the salon
- Hair extensions (optional)
- Bridal hair
- Creative hairdressing design skills
- Maths and English
Assessment & Feedback
- Practical, written assignments, on line multiple choice exams, oral questions, portfolio of evidence
Adult, part_time_day: £2250
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment.
Salon work, hotel spas, cruise ships, airlines, health spas, salon technician, salon trainer/assessor, sales and management.