Esports Level 3 BTEC National Extended Diploma
This course has reached capacity for 2021 start and applications are now closed.
Esports, also known as electronic sports, is an exciting growth sector combining sport competition and video games. Global tournaments are popular all around the world in many different disciplines. This course will provide you with the background knowledge and skills you need to enter the interesting industry.
Four GCESs at grade 4/C to include either English or maths dependent on vocational subject to be studied.
- Introduction to Esports
- Esports skills, strategies and analysis
- Enterprise and entrepreneurship in the Esports industry
- Health, wellbeing and fitness for Esports players
- Esports events
- Live-streamed broadcasting
- Producing an Esports brand
- Video production
- Business applications of Esports in social media
- Psychology for Esports performance
- Nutrition for Esports performance
- Ethical and current issues in Esports
- Launching your Esports enterprise
Assessment & Feedback
- Practical assessments
- Controlled Assessments
- Online exams
FREE to UK/Home under 19s not in employment.
The primary focus of the Level 3 Esports Course is to progress into employment across a range of roles within esports including:
- Esports player
- Team coach
- Event organiser
- Shoutcaster and presenter
- Social media influencer
- Video production editor
- Data analyst
There is a wide variety of career opportunities in the Esports industry, including shoutcaster, host, analyst PR/marketing executive, broadcast/production crew, and event manager.