CPCAB Counselling Level 4 Diploma
This programme is the progression route from 7437 Level 3 Counselling Skills course and is the final stage to preparing you for a career in the Counselling world. It continues to develop your ethical and personal awareness with a solid person centred skill set.
This course has reached capacity, if you apply now you will be put in to a waiting list and informed at a later date if places become available. For more information you can email our admissions team: email@example.com
As part of this course you are required to pass a fitness to practice module so you can complete 100 hours of placement within a local agency. Your fitness to practice module includes 30 hours of personal therapy (ten must be completed by time you go into placement), an enhanced DBS, a completed placement and supervision agreement, your own insurance and you must become a student member of the BACP (a loan is available towards some of these costs). As part of the course we will develop your person centred skills by applying them to contemporary issues and developing your understanding of working with particular issues.
This is a part time course at 6 hours per week for two years, it will be run during the week and does not include the time required for placements, supervision and personal therapy. Assessment is through a range of techniques, including essays, presentations, portfolios of evidence, case studies, whole class feedback of skills sessions, role plays and assignments.
- GCSE C/4 or Functional Skills in English
- Counselling level 3 qualification
- Tutor recommendation from your level 3 counselling skills tutor, this must be dated within the last two months
- You will be required to complete a submission prior to a panel interview
- You will need to attend an panel entrance interview to determine your suitability for the course against CPCAB candidate entry requirements, details of which can be found here: http://www.cpcab.co.uk/qualifications/
This course will give you the final pieces of the puzzle to work as a qualified person centred counsellor.
Assessment & Feedback
- Portfolios of evidence
- Case studies
- Whole class feedback of skills sessions
- Role plays
Course fee based on 2021-22 for UK residents. Non-UK citizens will need to provide sufficient document/s confirming your right to live and study in the UK e.g. confirmation of settled status.
- You can progress onto the Level 5 Psychotherapeutic course subject to a satisfactory interview, written assessment and successful completion of level 4
- You can also progress onto higher education at university or college, including our FdA Counselling programme at University Centre South Essex