This HNC in Computing will introduce you to the core concepts of programming with an introduction to algorithms and the characteristics of programming paradigms.
This course allows learners who have achieved a Level 3 in Computing to progress to the HNC, HND and then on to university if desired. It provides a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required for success in careers in computing and systems development.
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in IT
- A GCE level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or an adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C or 4-9
- Other related level 3 qualifications (e.g Games Design, Media, Business)
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate received from an approved further education institution
- Related, recent work experience.
Year 1 (HNC units)
- Professional Practice
- Database Design and Development
- Managing a Successful Computing Project
- Strategic Information Systems
- Maths for Computing
Assessment & Feedback
You will be required to attend college two days a week.
Assessment of BTEC Higher Nationals is by assignment, typically one or two assignments per module. These assignments will vary and include a mix of formal reports, presentations and practical tasks, but there will be no formal exams.
All modules will be individually graded as ‘pass’, ‘merit’ or ‘distinction’. To achieve a full qualification you must pass all 16 modules to achieve the higher diploma.
Fees are per academic year for Home/UK students.
After completing this course you may progress on to further study at University level such as our Computing & Systems Development (HND)