Computing & Systems Development (HND)
Course code: 104G
Applications due to open soon, please check back for more information
This higher education course is to enhance your career and employability in the areas of Computer Science and IT by developing a critical awareness and appreciation of current IT issues.
Learners who have achieved a Level 3 in Computing can progress to this HND and then on to university if desired. It provides a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required for success in careers in computing and systems development.
This award is validated by Pearson Edexcel
Focusing on information systems, visual programming, systems analysis, database design, data structures, relational databases, networks and programming for the internet. Teamwork, communication and project management skills, which are very important in the workplace, are developed throughout the course.
Chat with a student
You can start a conversation with one of our current students if you wish to learn more about our courses or studying at the University Centre South Essex in general. Just follow this link!
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in IT
- A GCE level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or an adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C
- Other related level 3 qualifications
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate received from an approved further education institution
- Related work experience.
- Business Skills for e-Commerce
- Computer Systems
- Employment & Professional Development
- Project Design, Implementation and Evaluation
- Web Applications Development
Assessment & Feedback
Assessment of BTEC Higher Nationals is by assignment, typically one or two assignments per module. These assignments will vary and include a mix of formal reports, presentations and practical tasks, but there will be no formal exams. All modules will be individually graded as ‘pass’, ‘merit’ or ‘distinction’. To achieve a full qualification you must pass all 16 modules to achieve the higher diploma.
Course fee based on 2019-20 for UK/EU students.
A progression route for learners to a number of roles in the IT and computing sectors. ICT system support specialists can install or manage IT networks.
The BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma will also enable learners to progress on to further study such as a degree or a Professional Development Qualification or vendor qualifications offered by Cisco, Microsoft, IBM, CompTIA, Oracle and VM Ware.