Coaching and Mentoring Level 3 Certificate
Applications for this course are currently closed
This qualification is ideal if you are teaching, coaching or training and/or need to be able to coach and mentor individuals in a range of settings including on-the-job or in a training company, FE college, Adult Learning Service or a company’s internal training department. It is also suitable if you want to diversify into coaching and mentoring on a part-time basis.
This qualification covers the core skills, knowledge and understanding needed to support other learners in a coaching and mentoring capacity. you must be occupationally competent in the vocational area in which you are providing coaching and mentoring.
You can study for this qualification alongside a formal teaching or assessing qualification such as:
- Gateway Qualifications Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Gateway Qualifications Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
- Gateway Qualifications Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement,
You can also progress onto Internal Quality Assurance qualifications, such as Gateway Qualifications Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice, which enhances and expands yourr skills and knowledge and provides further employment and self-employment opportunities.
- Grade 4/C in GCSE English or equivalent
- Occupational competence in the vocational area in which you are providing coaching and mentoring
- Successful interview with a course tutor at enrolment
Part-time, 6 hours 2 days per week, 9.30am-4.30pm, 11 weeks.
The qualification comprises five mandatory units which cover the following areas:
- Understanding mentoring
- Mentoring practice
- Engaging learners in the learning and development process
- Preparing for the coaching role
- Coaching skills
Assessment & Feedback
Portfolio of evidence
- Practice demonstration/assignment/assessment
- Professional discussion/vocational competence discussion
This fully-funded course is available to any adult aged 24 and over who wants to achieve their first full level 3 qualification, which is equivalent to an advanced technical certificate or diploma, or two full A levels.
19 to 23 year olds will continue to be eligible for their first full level 3 via the adult education budget, and for any additional qualifications made available through this offer.
Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice