AAT Accounting Level 3 Advanced Diploma
This course is aimed at those who have completed Level 2 or those already working at an intermediate level, extending your understanding of accounting and report writing.
This is the second level of the AAT Accounting Qualification. It introduces you to more complex accounting tasks, such as maintaining cost accounting records and the preparation of reports and returns. This course is perfect if you’ve completed Level 2, or you’re already at a more intermediate level and looking to develop existing accounting skills.
- Achievement of an AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting
- Successful attendance at interview event
- Financial accounting principles
- Capital transactions
- Cost accounting
- Reports and returns
- VAT, indirect tax
- Information technology - spreadsheet software
- Final accounts preparation
- Advanced book-keeping
- Cost and revenues
- Professional ethics
Assessment & Feedback
- Four external computer-based assessments set by the AAT, completed online and marked online immediately, with results accessible from your MyAAT account within 30 minutes
- One external synoptic assessment (covering all aspects of the course in one assessment) set by the AAT and marked externally by qualified assessors with results available after five weeks
16-18 (School leaver) course costs based on 2021-22:
AAT Membership is included within the study programme
Osborne Books *all prices are approximate
- Level 2 £110
- Level 3 £120
- Level 4 £120
All first exams are included in the course cost but resits must be paid for - £60 per exam*
*only get 3 attempts (first sitting and then 2 resits) but if the learner fails on 3rd sitting they cannot sit the unit assessment until 24 months after 1st September in the year they start.
Successful candidates can progress to the AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting Level 4 subject to interview.