Site Carpentry (Wood Occupations) Level 3 Diploma
This is the third level of the C&G Qualification. It introduces you to more complex practical tasks, such as hip and valley roofs, rebated French doors and stairs with turns. The theoretical aspects will cover more compiled risk assessments, estimates and costing. This course is perfect if you’ve completed Level 2, or you’re already at a more intermediate level and looking to develop existing construction skills.
- Level 2 qualification in Carpentry or similar, plus GCSE grade 4/C in English or Maths
- Successful attendance at interview event
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Carry out first fix flooring and roofing
- Carry out second fixing operations
- Principles of organising, planning and pricing construction work
- Carry out first fix roofing and stairs
- Carry out second fixing double doors and mouldings
- Set up and use fixed and transportable machinery
Assessment & Feedback
- Two external exams set by C&G, completed online and marked immediately with results available within 10 minutes
- Five internal exams set by the C&G and marked internally by qualified assessors
- 13 practical assessments set by C&G and assessed by a qualified internal assessor
School leavers: FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment.
Adults: Course fee based on 2018-19 for UK/EU students.
Successful candidates can progress to the City and Guilds NVQ Diploma in wood occupations or employment in the construction industry.