Mental Health First Aid Level 2 Award (iQualify)
The Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health covers the principles of first aid for mental health, recognising mental ill health in self and others, supporting mental wellbeing in the workplace, understanding how to promote a wellness culture in the workplace and the importance of resilience and self-care for first aiders for mental health.
Applications, information, advice and guidance
If you wish to apply for this course or have any questions please register your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01702 220409. A member of South Essex College staff will then be in touch.
Available Start Dates
Applicants for this course must be over 16 and have a good command of the English language.
Candidates must provide one of the following forms of identification:
- Valid passport (any nationality)
- Signed UK photocard driving licence
- UK biometric residence permit card
- Birth certificate (BUT, if a birth certificate is presented as proof of identification, an additional form of identification such as a signed bank card, utility bill or a letter issued by a government department must also be provided).
- Definitions of mental health and mental ill health
- Risk factors and stigma associated with mental ill health
- Ways to self-manage own wellbeing
- The principles of first aid for mental health
- Recognising mental ill health in yourself and others
- Supporting mental wellbeing in the workplace.
Assessment & Feedback
2 days: 09:30 – 16.30
To achieve this qualification you will need to gain 60% in 2 short multiple choice tests. Those who pass the tests will achieve the Highfield Level 2 Award in Introduction to First Aid for Mental Health.
- Princess Caroline House
1 High Street
A 20% discount is available for groups of 6 or more when delivered in your workplace.
A 10% discount is available for groups of 6 or more when delivered in one of our venues.
Dates for groups of 6 or more can be decided by you and we will do our best to accommodate your requested dates.