Skills for Logistics Level 2 Diploma
There is an existing and growing skills gap in the logistics sector with tens of thousands of vacancies unfilled. Suitable students who acquire logistics knowledge on the programme will have an advantage in getting employment and apprenticeships in the sector.
This course introduces you to the basic concepts of logistics and supply chain management, such as supply chain management, costings, and transport. This course is perfect if you’ve completed the Level 1 Diploma in skills for logistics, or you’re already at a more intermediate level and looking to develop existing skills.
This course is perfect if you want to work in the logistics sector in ports, Docks, airports, warehouse management, transportation and shipping. The sector has a large amount of unfilled vacancies in the local area and students who achieve this qualification will be suitable to go onto a level 3 Diploma in skills for logistics, employment or apprenticeships.
Please be rest assured that we will continue to make an offer based on your predicted grades or by alternative assessments for entry conditions based on your circumstances.
- Three GCSEs at grade 3/grade D including maths and English, or
- Skills for Logistics Level 1 Diploma plus maths and english at level 1, or equivalent
- Successful attendance at interview
- Environmental impact of logistics
- Moving and handling goods
- Picking and distributing goods
- Receiving and storing goods
- Route planning
- Security in logistics
- Stock control
- Using equipment to handle goods
- Working in logistics
- Working safely in logistics
Assessment & Feedback
School leavers: FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment
Adults: Course fee based on 2018-19 for UK/EU students
- The Level 3 Diploma in Logistics
- Employment in the sector
- Apprenticeships in the sector