LED Gel Polish Techniques Level 2 Award
On completion of this course you will be able to provide and understand LED gel polish treatments.
Start date: to be confirmed.
Venue details: please note this course will be held at our Queens Road venue in Southend.
A desire to gain the skills and knowledge necessary to apply LED Gel Polish Techniques.
- Prepare yourself, client and work area for LED gel polish services
- Communicate and behave in a professional manner
- Use suitable consultation techniques to identify the treatment objectives
- Assess client treatment suitability with a nail and skin analysis
- Follow health and safety working practices
- Position yourself and the client correctly and appropriately throughout the treatment
- Select products, tools, equipment and techniques to suit client’s service needs, nail and skin conditions
- Prepare the nails for LED gel polish application
- Apply LED gel polish according to the manufacturer’s instructions
- Provide suitable aftercare and maintenance advice to the client
- Record the results of the treatment
Assessment & Feedback
- Case studies
- Reflective accounts
- Oral/written questioning
- Other forms of evidence
- A minimum of two observations
Adults: Course fee based on 2018-19 for UK/EU students
Funding may be available for eligible applicants.
You can gain further accreditation by attending additional units of the beauty academy training programme. There are also full time beauty-related courses, please visit the College website for further details.