International Supply Chain Logistics Level 2 Diploma
This course will provide you with the underpinning knowledge to begin a career in logistics and provide the foundations to move onto the Level 3 Extended Diploma.
The logistics sector employs more than 35,000 people in over 2,900 companies in Essex. It covers a number of areas including freight logistics, supply chain management, vehicle manufacturing and retail, passenger transport, transport planning and traffic management.
This industry has seen rapid growth, fueled by the increase of high-speed internet and a rise in popularity towards online shopping.
London Gateway, a deep water port and business park near to Stanford le Hope is the largest inward investment project in the UK. DP World's high tech deep-sea container port opened in 2013 and become home to a high tech logistics business park, creating thousands of new jobs. DP World London Gateway already hosts names like UPS, Lidl, Dixons Carphone and SH Pratt Group.
- Level 1 qualification or GCSEs x 2 at grade 3/D in MATHS or ENGLISH
- Introduction to Modes of Transportation in the Logistics Operations
- Sustainability in Logistics and Supply Chain Operations
- Warehouse Operations within supply chain logistics
- Business Communications
- Developing Resilience Skills
- Effective Teamwork and Leadership skills
- Introduction to exporting within supply chain logistics
- Introduction to importing within supply chain logistics
- Introduction to Trade Associations, Organisations and Regulating Bodies
- Technology and Automation in Supply Chain Logistics
- Understand Freight Forwarding in Conjunction with International Supply Chain Logistics
- Understand key terms for supply chain logistics
units covered may change
Assessment & Feedback
- Observation of performance
- Questioning (written or oral)
- Practical Activities
- Photographs or videos
- Personal statements
- Project work
- Witness testimonies
- Group discussion
- Recognition of Prior Learning
FREE to UK under 19s not in employment
After completing this course you can progress on to the Level 3 Extended Diploma in International Supply Chain Logistics