Infection Control Level 2 Award (iQualify)
The Level 2 Award in the Prevention & Control of Infection for the Workplace informs you how to prevent and control the spread of infection in the workplace.
Applications, information, advice and guidance
If you wish to apply for this course or have any questions please register your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01702 220409. A member of South Essex College staff will then be in touch.
Available Start Dates
Applicants for this course must be over 16 and have a good command of the English language.
Candidates must provide one of the following forms of identification:
- Valid passport (any nationality)
- Signed UK photocard driving licence
- UK biometric residence permit card
- Birth certificate (BUT, if a birth certificate is presented as proof of identification, an additional form of identification such as a signed bank card, utility bill or a letter issued by a government department must also be provided).
- common infections
- the importance of correct hand washing procedures for infection prevention and control
- the principles of personal protective equipment
- the decontamination process
- waste management procedures and the associated risks
- the roles and responsibilities in preventing infection
Assessment & Feedback
Day 1: 09:30 – 16.30
To achieve this qualification you will need to gain 10/15 in a multiple choice test. Those who pass the test will achieve the Highfield Level 2 Award in the Prevention & Control of Infection for the Workplace
- Princess Caroline House
1 High Street
A 20% discount is available for groups of 6 or more when delivered in your workplace.
A 10% discount is available for groups of 6 or more when delivered in one of our venues.
Dates for groups of 6 or more can be decided by you and we will do our best to accommodate your requested dates.