iLearn Security Multiple Level Award
A 15-day programme that combines our iPrep course (skills for work) with the training and qualifications needed to start a career in the private security industry. This course offers an excellent opportunity to transform your CV and boost your employment opportunities.
- Week 1 & 2 Monday to Friday for 3 hours per day (exact times will be discussed on application)
- Week 3 Monday to Friday 0900 – 17.00
Due to Covid-19 our courses have become a blended learning offer - a mix of classroom training and self-directed study with tutor support. Gaining the amount of qualifications on offer requires dedication. This means attendance at all classroom sessions is mandatory and completion of all homework tasks is necessary.
This course is fully funded (FREE) for anyone who is currently living in England, over the age of 19 and meets the current eligibility and entry criteria (this is occasionally subject to change).
If you wish to apply for this course please register your interest at email@example.com A member of South Essex College staff will then be in touch to get you enrolled.
Applicants for this course must attend an interview session with South Essex College staff prior to being accepted on the course.
The session will include a short interview to establish suitability for the course, completion of an English assessment to ensure awarding body entry criteria is met and the opportunity to discuss course details further to make sure applicants are fully aware of what will be involved in their training programme.
Several forms of identification are required for this course along with two passport photos (please see below for ID requirements).
Applicants for an SIA licence must pass criminality checks – for more information please look at the SIA website:
Candidate Identification Requirements for all SIA courses
Candidates must provide two passport-sized photos for SIA exam papers and identification as listed below:
Option 1: Candidates must provide two items from Group A. At least one document from Group A must show the candidate’s CURRENT ADDRESS and one must show the candidate’s DATE OF BIRTH.
Option 2: Where applicants are unable to provide two items from Group A they must provide one item from Group A, and two items from Group B. Of the documents provided, at least one document must show the candidate’s CURRENT ADDRESS and one must show the candidate’s DATE OF BIRTH.
- Signed, in-date valid passport (any nationality)
- Signed, in-date valid UK photo driving licence registered to current address
- Original UK birth certificate issued within 12 months of birth (a certified copy of the original cannot be used as a Group A document; if you provide a birth certificate as a Group A proof of ID document please ensure that that it was issued within 12 months of your birth
- UK biometric residence permit
- UK adoption certificate
- Valid, in-date EU photo ID card
- Valid, in-date UK firearms licence with photo
- Signed, valid UK paper driving licence
- Marriage certificate or Civil Partnership certificate (with official translation if it is not written in English)
- UK birth certificate (certified copy) issued more than 12 months after date of birth
- Non-UK birth certificate (with official translation if it is not written in English)
- P45 statement of income for tax purposes on leaving a job issued in the last 12 months
- P60 annual statement of income for tax purposes issued in the last 12 months
- Bank or building society statement issued to your current address, less than three months old (you can use more than one statement as long as each statement is issued by a different service provider)
- Mortgage statement issued in the last 12 months
- Pension, endowment or ISA statement issued in last 12 months
- Utility bill (gas, electric, landline telephone, water, satellite, cable) issued to your current address within the last three months (you can only use a maximum of one utility bill)
- British work permit or visa issued in last 12 months
- A credit card statement sent to your current address within the last three months (you can use more than one statement as long as each statement is issued by a different service provider)
- Letter from H.M. Revenue & Customs, Department of Work and Pensions, Employment Service, or local authority issued within the last three months (you can use more than one statement as long as each is issued by different Government departments or different local authorities)
- Council Tax statement issued in the last 12 months
If you cannot provide identification as per this list you will not be able to take this course.
This course includes a FREE SIA licence and the opportunity to achieve the following qualifications:
- Highfield Award for Door Supervisor (SIA)
- NCFE Certificate in Understanding
- Behaviour that Challenges
- Highfield Award in Health & Safety
- Highfield Award in Customer Service
- ASCENTIS Award in Equality & Diversity
- CACHE Award in Mental Health Awareness
- Highfield Certificate in Personal Development for Employability
- OCN Award in Understanding Personal & Interpersonal Conflict
Also included in this course will be training on problem solving at work, motivation and working in a team.
Due to Covid-19 our courses have become a blended learning offer - a mix of classroom training and self-directed study
with tutor support. Gaining the amount of qualifications on offer requires dedication. This means attendance at all classroom sessions is mandatory and completion of all homework tasks is necessary.
This course is FREE to those who are unemployed, resident in England and in receipt of Universal Credit or similar benefits. It is also FREE to those who are working and earning under £17,004.00 per year.
We regret that we cannot provide iLearn courses for free to individuals who reside in the following combined authorities: Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, West of England, West Midlands, Tees Valley, Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Newcastle Upon Tyne, North Tyneside and Northumberland.
Jobs that can be applied for on completion of this course:
- Security Officer or Door Supervisor in a range of environments including airports, shipping ports, retail establishments, building sites, schools, colleges, prisons, music and sporting events and licensed premises such as bars, restaurants and hotels.