iLearn Security Multiple Level Award
A 17 day course that covers the qualifications and skills required to start a successful career in the private security industry.
Course start dates:
09/12/2019 – 17/12/2019
10/02/2020 – 18/02/2020
30/03/2020 – 07/04/2020
15/06/2020 – 23/06/2020
27/07/2020 – 04/08/2020
18/11/2019 – 26/11/2019
20/01/2019 – 28/01/2020
09/03/2020 – 17/03/2020
05/05/2020 – 13/05/2020
06/07/2020 – 14/07/2020
To apply: please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0345 52 12345 and ask for Workforce Adult Skills.
Applicants for this course must complete and pass a basic English and maths assessment with South Essex College to ensure awarding body and SIA entry criteria is met.
Several forms of identification are required for this course along with two passport photos (please see below for ID requirements). Applicants for an SIA licence must pass criminality checks.
Candidates must provide two passport sized photos for SIA exam papers and identification as listed below:
Candidates must provide two items from Group A. At least one document from Group A must show the candidate’s CURRENT ADDRESS and one must show the candidate’s DATE OF BIRTH.
Where applicants are unable to provide two items from Group A they must provide one item from Group A, and two items from Group B. Of the documents provided, at least one document must show the candidate’s CURRENT ADDRESS and one must show the candidate’s DATE OF BIRTH.
- Signed, in-date valid passport (any nationality)
- Signed, in-date valid UK photo driving licence registered to current address
- Original UK birth certificate issued within 12 months of birth (a certified copy of the original cannot be used as a Group A document; if you provide a birth certificate as a Group A proof of ID document please ensure that that it was issued within 12 months of your birth
- UK biometric residence permit
- UK adoption certificate
- Valid, in-date EU photo ID card
- Valid, in-date UK firearms licence with photo
- Signed, valid UK paper driving licence
- Marriage certificate or Civil Partnership certificate (with official translation if it is not written in English)
- UK birth certificate (certified copy) issued more than 12 months after date of birth
- Non-UK birth certificate (with official translation if it is not written in English)
- P45 statement of income for tax purposes on leaving a job issued in the last 12 months
- P60 annual statement of income for tax purposes issued in the last 12 months
- Bank or building society statement issued to your current address, less than three months old (you can use more than one statement as long as each statement is issued by a different service provider)
- Mortgage statement issued in the last 12 months
- Pension, endowment or ISA statement issued in last 12 months
- Utility bill (gas, electric, landline telephone, water, satellite, cable) issued to your current address within the last three months (you can only use a maximum of one utility bill)
- British work permit or visa issued in last 12 months
- A credit card statement sent to your current address within the last three months (you can use more than one statement as long as each statement is issued by a different service provider)
- Letter from H.M. Revenue & Customs, Department of Work and Pensions, Employment Service, or local authority issued within the last three months (you can use more than one statement as long as each is issued by different Government departments or different local authorities)
- Council Tax statement issued in the last 12 months
If you cannot provide identification as per the above you will not be able to take this course.
This course includes a FREE SIA licence and the opportunity to achieve the following qualifications:
- Highfield Award for Door Supervisors (SIA)
- Highfield Award for Security Officers (SIA)
- Highfield Award in Stewarding
- Highfield Award in Health & Safety
- Highfield Award in Customer Service
- ASCENTIS Award in Equality & Diversity
- ASCENTIS Award in British Values
- CACHE Award in Stress Awareness
- NCFE Certificate in Employability Skills
- OCN Award in Developing Personal Confidence
- OCN Award in Understanding Personal and Interpersonal Conflict
Also included in this course will be training on problem solving at work,motivation working in a team,following instructions,personal finance, positive mindset and business awareness.
Assessment & Feedback
Hand-written workbooks and multiple choice tests.
This course is FREE if in receipt of certain unemployment benefits (please call on 0345 52 12345 to check your eligibility).
Jobs that can be applied for on completion of this course:
Security Officer in a range of environments including airports, shipping ports, retail establishments, building sites, schools, colleges, prisons.
Door Supervisor in various licensed premises including pubs, bars, nightclubs, hotels.
Steward at large-scale events including music festivals, football matches and other sporting events, family festivals and special-interest conventions.