iLearn Hospitality Multiple Level Award
A two-week classroom course accompanied by tutorials and self-study that combines our iPrep course (skills for work) with the training and qualifications needed to start a career in the hospitality industry. This course offers an excellent opportunity to transform your CV and boost your employment opportunities.
If you wish to apply for this course please register your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org A member of South Essex College staff will then be in touch to get you enrolled.
Applicants for this course must attend an interview session with South Essex College staff prior to being accepted on the course. The session will include a short interview to establish suitability for the course, completion of an English/maths assessment to ensure awarding body entry criteria is met and the opportunity to discuss course details further to make sure applicants are fully aware of what will be involved in their training programme.
Candidate identification requirements
Candidates must provide one of the following forms of identification:
- Valid passport (any nationality)
- Signed UK photocard driving licence
- UK biometric residence permit card
- Driving Licence with any of the following Licence Categories C1,C1E,C & C+E
- Birth certificate (BUT, if a birth certificate is presented as proof of identification, an additional form of identification such as a signed bank card, utility bill or a letter issued by a government department must also be provided).
This course gives participants the opportunity to achieve the following industry-based qualifications:
- NCFE Certificate in Excellence in Customer Service for Hospitality
- Highfield Award in Health & Safety
- Highfield Award in Customer Service
- ASCENTIS Award in Equality & Diversity
- CACHE Award in Mental Health Awareness
- Highfield Certificate in Personal Development for Employability
- OCN Award in Understanding Personal & Interpersonal Conflict
Also included in this course will be training on problem solving at work, ;motivation working in a team, following instructions, personal finance, positive mindset and business awareness.
Assessment & Feedback
Two weeks plus tutorials and self-study.
Week 1 & 2 - Monday to Friday for 3 hours per day (exact times will be discussed on application). These weeks will take place either at Princess Caroline House in Southend-on-Sea or at our Thurrock campus.
Week 3 will include a workshop and tutorial – dates to be arranged. All week 3 lessons take place at Princess Caroline House.
Due to Covid-19 our courses have become a blended learning offer - a mix of classroom training and self-directed study with tutor support. Gaining the amount of qualifications on offer requires dedication. This means attendance at all classroom sessions is mandatory and completion of all homework tasks is necessary.
This course is FREE to those who are unemployed, resident in England and in receipt of Universal Credit or similar benefits. It is also FREE to those who are working and earning under £17,004.00 per year.
We regret that we cannot provide iLearn courses for free to individuals who reside in the following areas: Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley, West Midlands, North of Tyne and Sheffield.
Jobs that can be applied for on completion of this course include; Catering assistant, bartender, waiting staff,
food handler, barista in a range of environments including coffee shops, pubs, hotels, restaurants and similar establishments.