iLearn Health & Social Care Multiple Level Award
A three week course that covers some of the qualifications and skills required to start a successful career in the health and social care industry.
If you wish to apply for this course please register your interest at email@example.com A member of South Essex College staff will then be in touch to get you enrolled.
Applicants for this course must attend an interview session with South Essex College staff prior to being accepted on the course. The session will include a short interview to establish suitability for the course, completion of an English/maths assessment to ensure awarding body entry criteria is met and the opportunity to discuss course details further to make sure applicants are fully aware of what will be involved in their training programme.
Candidate identification requirements
Candidates must provide one of the following forms of identification:
- Valid passport (any nationality)
- Signed UK photocard driving licence
- UK biometric residence permit card
- Driving Licence with any of the following Licence Categories C1,C1E,C & C+E
- Birth certificate (BUT, if a birth certificate is presented as proof of identification, an additional form of identification such as a signed bank card, utility bill or a letter issued by a government department must also be provided).
This course gives participants the opportunity to achieve the following industry-based qualifications:
- Highfield Award in Health & Safety
- Highfield Award in Customer Service
- ASCENTIS Award in Equality & Diversity
- ASCENTIS Award in British Values
- CACHE Award in Stress Awareness
- NCFE Certificate in Employability Skills
- OCN Award in Developing Personal Confidence
- OCN Award in Understanding Personal and Interpersonal Conflict
- Highfield Award in Safeguarding
- Highfield Award in Risk Assessment
- Highfield Award in Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (CoSHH)
- Highfield Award in Food Safety
- Highfield Award in Allergen Awareness
- Highfield module certificates in Principles and Values in Health & Social Care for Adults, Children and Young People, Positive Attitudes and Working in a Team
Also included in this course will be training on problem solving at work, motivation working in a team, following instructions, personal finance, positive mindset and business awareness.
Due to Covid-19 our courses have become a blended learning offer - a mix of classroom training and self-directed study
with tutor support. Gaining the amount of qualifications on offer requires dedication. This means attendance at all classroom sessions is mandatory and completion of all homework tasks is necessary.
Assessment & Feedback
Hand-written workbooks and multiple choice tests.
This course is FREE to those who are unemployed, resident in England and in receipt of Universal Credit or similar benefits. It is also FREE to those who are working and earning under £17,004.00 per year.
We regret that we cannot provide iLearn courses for free to individuals who reside in the following combined authorities: Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, West of England, West Midlands, Tees Valley, Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Newcastle Upon Tyne, North Tyneside and Northumberland.
Jobs that can be applied for on completion of this course include; health Care Assistant (HCA), support worker, domiciliary worker, care assistant, day centre support, residential care worker, live-in care worker, personal support worker, activities co-ordinator.