iLearn Forklift & Warehousing Multiple Level Award
A 3-week course for those who want to acquire the knowledge & skills for the workplace and to learn how to correctly, safely and legally work in a warehouse environment, operating a range of material handling equipment including a pump truck, powered pallet truck and a counterbalance forklift truck. On successful completion of the course you will be able apply for a career in the rapidly-growing Warehousing and Logistics sector.
If you wish to apply for this course please register your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org A member of South Essex College staff will then be in touch to get you enrolled.
Applicants for this course must attend an interview session with South Essex College staff prior to being accepted on the course. The session will include a short interview to establish suitability for the course, completion of an English/maths assessment to ensure awarding body entry criteria is met and the opportunity to discuss course details further to make sure applicants are fully aware of what will be involved in their training programme.
Candidate identification requirements
Candidates must provide one of the following forms of identification:
- Valid passport (any nationality)
- Signed UK photocard driving licence
- UK biometric residence permit card
- Driving Licence with any of the following Licence Categories C1,C1E,C & C+E
- Birth certificate (BUT, if a birth certificate is presented as proof of identification, an additional form of identification such as a signed bank card, utility bill or a letter issued by a government department must also be provided).
This course gives participants the opportunity to achieve the following industry-based qualifications and a FREE Forklift licence:
- NCFE Certificate in Warehousing & Storage
- Pearson Forklift Truck Operations
- RTITB Forklift Truck Licence
- Highfield Award in Health & Safety
- Highfield Award in Customer Service
- ASCENTIS Award in Equality & Diversity
- CACHE Award in Mental Health Awareness
- Highfield Certificate in Personal
- Development for Employability
- OCN Award in Understanding Personal & Interpersonal Conflict
Also included in this course will be training on problem solving at work,motivation working in a team, following instructions,personal finance, positive mind-set and business awareness.
Assessment & Feedback
Three weeks plus tutorials and self-study.
Week 1 & 2 - Monday to Friday for 3 hours per day (exact times will be discussed on application). These weeks will take place either at Princess Caroline House in Southend-on-Sea or at our Thurrock campus.
Week 3 Monday to Friday 09.00 – 17.00 at Newcroft Training, Leigh-on-Sea
Due to Covid-19 our courses have become a blended learning offer - a mix of classroom training and self-directed study with tutor support. Gaining the amount of qualifications on offer requires dedication. This means attendance at all classroom sessions is mandatory and completion of all homework tasks is necessary.
This course is FREE to those who are unemployed, resident in England and in receipt of Universal Credit or similar benefits. It is also FREE to those who are working and earning under £17,004.00 per year.
We regret that we cannot provide iLearn courses for free to individuals who reside in the following combined authorities: Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, West of England, West Midlands, Tees Valley, Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Newcastle Upon Tyne, North Tyneside and Northumberland.
Jobs that can be applied for on completion of this course:
- Warehouse Operative
- Forklift Operative