iLearn CCTV (Public Space Surveillance) Multiple Level Award
A three-week classroom based training programme that combines our iPrep course (skills for work) with the training and qualifications needed to start a career monitoring CCTV cameras in the private security industry.
This course offers an excellent opportunity to transform your CV and boost your employment opportunities.
Applications, information, advice and guidance
Multiple start dates are available throughout the year, please contact us for the most up to date information.
Please register your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 01702 220409.
A member of South Essex College staff will then be in touch.
Applicants for this course must complete an online form that includes a basic English and Maths assessment. The assessment is necessary to ensure that applicants can cope with the demands of the course and to make sure that awarding body entry criteria is met.
We regret that we cannot provide iLearn courses for free to individuals who reside in the following combined authorities: Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, West of England, West Midlands, Tees Valley, Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, Newcastle Upon Tyne, North Tyneside and Northumberland, Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham, Sheffield and West Yorkshire.
Candidate identification requirements
Several forms of identification are required for this course along with one passport photo.
Applicants for an SIA licence must pass criminality checks, which means having a criminal record could prevent you from getting an SIA licence – for more information please look at the SIA website: www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk
You must provide a current email address and one passport-sized photo for your SIA exam paper and identification as detailed below:
One identity document from Group A and two documents from Group B
(1 document to prove your date of birth)
- a passport that is signed, current and valid (in date and of any nationality)
- a driving licence photocard issued by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) in the UK
- a driving licence photocard and its paper counterpart issued by the Driver and Vehicle Agency (DVA) in Northern Ireland
- a UK original birth certificate issued within 12 months of birth
- UK biometric residence permit
(2 documents to prove your current address)
Unless stated otherwise, 2 forms of the same type of document will not be accepted.
- a bank or building society statement dated within the last 3 months (you can provide 2 statements but only if they are from different banks or building societies)
- a utility bill (for example: gas, electric, telephone, water, satellite or cable TV) dated within the last 3 months
- a credit card statement dated within the last 3 months(you can provide 2 statements but only if they are from different credit-card providers)
- a council tax statement dated within the last 12 months
- a mortgage statement dated within the last 12 months
- a letter dated within the last 3 months from any of the following:
- HM Revenue and Customer
- Department of Work and Pensions Jobcentre Plus or any other government employment service
- Local authority Non-UK birth certificate
- a P45 or P60 tax statement dated within the last 12 months
- a paper version of a current UK driving licence (not the paper counterpart to a photocard)
- a driving licence photocard issued by the DVA in Northern Ireland (bot the paper counterpart)
- a pension, endowment or ISA statement dated within the last 12 months
- a valid firearms licence with photo If you cannot provide identification as per this list you will not be able to take this course.
This course includes a FREE SIA CCTV licence (for those who meet the eligibility criteria) and the opportunity to achieve the following qualifications:
- Highfield Award in CCTV Operations (Public Space Surveillance) (SIA)
- NCFE Certificate in Data Protection & Data Security
- Highfield Award in Health & Safety
- Highfield Award in Customer Service
- Ascentis Award in Equality & Diversity
- Ascentis Award in British Values
- Highfield Certificate in Personal Development for Employability
- Skillsfirst Award in Ways to Maintain Mental Well-Being
Also included in this course will be training on problem solving at work, motivation and working in a team.
Assessment & Feedback
3 weeks in total delivered as follows:
Weeks 1 & 2 will be Monday to Friday for 3 hours per day (exact times will be discussed on application).
These weeks are on offer at Princess Caroline House in Southend-on-Sea or at our Basildon or Thurrock campus.
Week 3 will be split between 2 different venues:
Monday and Friday 09:30 – 16:30 at Princess Caroline House
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 09:00 – 18:00 at Stambridge Training
- Princess Caroline House
1 High Street, Southend-on-Sea, SS1 1JE
- Stambridge Training
247 Sutton Road, Southend-on-Sea, SS2 5PE
- Basildon Campus
College Way, Basildon, SS14 1GP
- Thurrock Campus
High Street, Grays, RM17 6TF
Due to Covid-19 our courses have become a blended learning offer - a mix of classroom training and self-directed study with tutor support. Gaining the amount of qualifications on offer requires dedication. This means attendance at all classroom sessions is mandatory and completion of all homework tasks is necessary. At least one workbook per day will need to be completed at home and brought in the following day for marking. Each workbook takes 2-3 hours to complete.
Provided you meet the entry rquirements listed above this course is FREE to those who are unemployed, resident in England and in receipt of Universal Credit or similar benefits. It is also FREE to those who are working and earning under £17,374.50 per year.
This course is also FREE to those who are aged between 19-23, in possession of a full level 2 qualification**, unemployed, currently living in England and in receipt of Universal Credit or similar benefits, i.e funding is not available for a person aged between 19-23 who does not possess at least one full level 2 qualification.
**Full level 2 qualification is 5 GCSEs grades A-C/9-1 Key Skills level 2/NVQ Level 2/Higher Diploma/BTEC award/Functional Skills Level 2.
Jobs that can be applied for on completion of this course:
CCTV Operator in a range of environments including airports, shipping ports, shopping centres, retail establishments, colleges, prisons, music and sporting events and licensed premises such as bars, restaurants and hotels.