The Level 2 certificate in Hairdressing is the starting point for all aspiring hairdressers. This course will enable you to achieve long-term success, it is important for our stylists to have the strongest educational foundation and here at South Essex College we will train you in our state-of -the-art salons using our professional product range and study industry-recognised modules and qualifications. This will enable you to develop and practice the skills required for progression and employment.
- Two GCSEs at grade 3/grade D including maths and English, or
- An appropriate level 1 hairdressing qualification, or equivalent
- Successful attendance at interview
Please note: Before starting this course, you will need to purchase your own equipment in the form of a hairdressing kit, which can be purchased at an additional cost. This is separate to the cost of course fees.
- Working in the hairdressing industry
- Follow H&S in the salon
- Client consultation for hair services
- Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
- The Art of dressing hair
- Cut women’s hair
- Colour and lighten hair
Assessment & Feedback
- Practical and written assignments
- External multiple choice exam papers
- Portfolio of evidence
Adult, part_time_evening: £1750
Course fee based on 2021-22 for UK residents. Non-UK citizens will need to provide sufficient document/s confirming your right to live and study in the UK e.g. confirmation of settled status.
You can progress to other hairdressing courses such as Level 3VRQ Diploma in Hairdressing at South Essex College. You may enter employment as a stylist at a junior level in hairdressing salons.