The Level 2 certificate in Hairdressing is the starting point for all aspiring hairdressers. This course will enable you to achieve long-term success, it is important for our stylists to have the strongest educational foundation and here at South Essex College we will train you in our state-of -the-art salons using our professional product range and study industry-recognised modules and qualifications. This will enable you to develop and practice the skills required for progression and employment.
- Two GCSEs at grade 3/grade D including maths and English, or
- An appropriate level 1 hairdressing qualification, or equivalent
- Successful attendance at interview
Please note: Before starting this course, you will need to purchase your own equipment in the form of a hairdressing kit, which can be purchased at an additional cost. This is separate to the cost of course fees.
- Working in the hairdressing industry
- Follow H&S in the salon
- Client consultation for hair services
- Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
- The Art of dressing hair
- Cut women’s hair
- Colour and lighten hair
Assessment & Feedback
- Practical and written assignments
- External multiple choice exam papers
- Portfolio of evidence
Part time day:
Adult, Part time evening: £1250
Course fee based on 2018-19 for UK/EU students
You can progress to other hairdressing courses such as Level 3VRQ Diploma in Hairdressing at South Essex College. You may enter employment as a stylist at a junior level in hairdressing salons.