Forklift Truck Driving (Novices)
Our Fork Lift Truck Driving for Novices course is aimed at ensuring that drivers handling Fork Lift Trucks are competent to do so and able to pass the tests required by the RTITB. The course is delivered on-site, making use of your own equipment.
Our courses comply with the Approved Code of Practice and Guidance for the Rider-Operated Lift Trucks Operator Training 1999 2nd Edition (L117), PUWER 1998 and LOLER 1998.
To apply for this training course or for more information please contact our Training Team
Call: 0345 52 12345
No forklift truck driving experience required.
Amongst other things the course covers:
- The H&S at Work Act and its implications
- FLT operators’ safety code
- Introduction to FLTs
- Manoeuvring in open and confined spaces
- Daily checks and FLT maintenance
- Battery maintenance and charging
- Stacking and de-stacking pallets at varying heights
- Stacking and de-stacking corner post pallets
- Bulk stacking and de-stacking in confined spaces
- Lorry bed loading and unloading
- Practical and theory test
Assessment & Feedback
The course is scheduled on demand.
Five days, 9am to 5pm.
Multiple choice exam and practical test.
The course fee covers the following:
- Course materials
- Certification upon successful completion
Certificate on successful completion of the practical and theory test. This certificate is valid for three years.