Skills for Sport and Active Leisure - Football Academy Level 3 Diploma
Our football academy programme offers full-time education for 16-19 year olds, incorporating full-time training with post-16 education across four days. You will have the opportunity to study a sport qualification relevant to your career interests and gain an understanding of the football industry whilst developing your own football skills and performance.
The course will help you to prepare for a career in the sport industry or act as a stepping stone to a higher education course. The football academy programme working in collaboration with Concord Rangers Football Club will allow you to benefit from a range of opportunities, including free entry to all CRFC home league fixtures, guest speakers, American Scholarships, work experience and the opportunity to have your football skills and ability developed by qualified coaches. In addition to the outstanding teaching on the academic course, you will train three times a week and get the chance to play in The National League u19 Alliance/Essex Schools U19 league as well as various cup competitions and tournaments.
- Four GCSEs at grade 4/grade C including maths, English and physical education, or
- Sport and Active Leisure Level 2 Diploma plus maths and English at grade 4/grade C, or equivalent
- Successful attendance at interview event and football trial
- Careers in the sport and active leisure industry
- Health and wellbeing and sport
- Developing coaching skills
- Anatomy and physiology in sport
- Applied sports coaching
- Sports development
- Self-employment in sports and physical activity
Assessment & Feedback
- Group work
- Individual assessments
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment.
Higher education at university or college, including our BSc (Hons) Sport Studies at University Centre Southend.