Cyber Security Practices Level 3 Certificate
Applications for this course are currently closed
This qualification is designed to provide you with knowledge and skills relating to cyber security practices. It will provide you with a chance to develop knowledge and learn practical skills which can be used to seek employment or proceed into study at a higher level.
This qualification aims to:
- Focus on the study of the practices within cyber security
- Offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge
- Provide opportunities to acquire a number of practical skills
- Relevant knowledge of Cyber Security Practices and/or a level 2 qualification in IT
- Work/industry placement experience is NOT required
- Successful interview with course tutor at enrolment
Part-time, 12 hours per week, 10 weeks.
You will complete six mandatory units to achieve this qualification
- Understand cyber security principles
- Threat intelligence in cyber security
- Cyber security testing, vulnerabilities and controls
- Cyber security incident response
- Understand legislation and ethical conduct within cyber security
- Professional skills and behaviours for cyber security
Assessment & Feedback
Internally assessed and externally quality assured
This fully-funded course is available to any adult aged 24 and over who wants to achieve their first full level 3 qualification, which is equivalent to an advanced technical certificate or diploma, or two full A levels.
19 to 23 year olds will continue to be eligible for their first full level 3 via the adult education budget, and for any additional qualifications made available through this offer.
This course may support you to gain employment or can lead to further study at a higher level.