Culinary Skills Level 2 Diploma
This course will suit you if you a passion and drive to become an experienced chef. You will gain a formal qualification and increase your skills so that you can progress onto our level 3 courses or enter industry.
You will be taught in our industry-standard kitchens by experienced professionals who will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to gain employment in this fast-growing sector
- An Entry 3 qualification or two GCSEs at grade 2/E in MATHS or ENGLISH
- Successful attendance at interview event
You will be required to purchase uniforms (chef Whites), equipment kit (professional knifes ect|) , textbooks and food fee at enrolment
- Prepare and cook stocks, soups and sauces
- Prepare and cook fruits and vegetables
- Prepare and cook meat and offal
- Prepare and cook poultry
- Prepare and cook fish and shellfish
- Prepare and cook rice, paste, grains, and egg dishes
- Food safety in catering
- Produce hot and cold desserts and puddings
- Produce paste products Produce biscuit, cake and sponge products
Assessment & Feedback
- Practical assessment
- Oral questioning
- Short answer questions
Course fee based on 2021-22 for UK residents.
Completing your course sets you on the road to becoming a chef, work in a variety of positions in the food and beverage industry and progress to supervisory and managerial jobs. You can also progress on to a level 3 course.