The course is intended for those who have previously successfully completed the CompEx main course module(s) i.e. EX01, EX02, EX03, EX04 and whose five-year Certificate of Core Competence is due to expire. The CompEx Refresher Course contains training and assessment which on satisfactory completion, will lead to the renewal of the Certificate of Core Competence.
To apply for this training course or for more information please contact our Training Team
Call: 0345 52 12345
All attendees MUST hold a current CompEx Ex01-Ex04 license validated within a five-year period. Candidates who are outside of this five-year period MUST re-sit the full 5-day course to regain the CompEx license.
The course is designed to assure that candidates have maintained their competency levels through experience and in the workplace in the following areas:
- Ex01: The preparation and installation of Ex 'd', 'n', 'e' and 'p' electrical equipment in explosive atmospheres
- Ex02: The inspection and maintenance of Ex 'd', 'n', 'e' and 'p' electrical equipment in explosive atmospheres.
- Ex03: The preparation and installation of Ex 'i' equipment and systems in explosive atmospheres
- Ex04: The inspection and maintenance of Ex 'i' equipment and systems in explosive atmospheres
The course will also update changes relevant to the installer and inspection/maintenance personnel in relation to:
- European Directives
- Ex apparatus standards
- Ex installation, inspection and maintenance standards
- The relationship between BS5345 and the corresponding IEC/CENELEC Standards
Assessment & Feedback
CompEx Refresher is a three-day course, running from 9am-5pm delivered via classroom based practical assessment, and online examination.
The assessment will take place via and theoretical and practical assessment leading where applicable to the renewal of the CompEx Certificate of Core Competence.
The course fee will cover the following:
- CompEx Toolbox Guide
- Registration, examination and assessment fees
- Course materials
- Pad and pen
- Certification upon successful completion
- Lunch and refreshments
Qualified electricians will receive a JTL CompEx Certificate of Core Competency upon satisfactory achievement of the unit assessment.
Other personnel will receive a JTL CompEx Certificate of Core Competency, but NOT as an electrical craftsperson. The CompEx Certificate will be valid for five years.