Business Essentials Level 3 Certificate
Applications for this course are currently closed
This qualification is for people looking to progress and update their skill set as well as newly employed staff starting their career. For new employees, it introduces an understanding of how businesses are run and how to contribute to their success. For experienced employees, the qualification will refresh, update and introduce modern concepts to improve skills.
The programme focuses on the key capabilities required for you to add value to your organisation. It encompasses practical skills, knowledge and guidance on how to improve working methods. It also builds the foundation for you to progress onto an ABE Level 4 Diploma.
The qualification is at the same level of difficulty as a UK A-level.
- Grade 4/C in English or equivalent
- Successful interview with a course tutor at enrolment
Part-time, 2 days per week, 9.30am-3.30pm, 10 weeks
The objectives of the ABE Level 3 Certificate in Business Essentials are as follows
- Explain the purpose of business
- Explain the characteristics of different business structures
- Explain the functions and activities of an organisation
- Describe the key resources required for a business
- Explain the different types of customer and their importance
- Explain the importance of managing business risk
- Explain continuous improvement techniques
- Explain the importance of corporate social responsibility (CSR) and sustainability within an organisation
- Describe the use of technology to build success
- Describe recent trends relating to ways of working within an organisation
- Explain key requirements for transition into work or a new role
- Describe how to become more effective in a role
- Explain effective ways to communicate within a business
This fully-funded course is available to any adult aged 24 and over who wants to achieve their first full level 3 qualification, which is equivalent to an advanced technical certificate or diploma, or two full A levels.
19 to 23 year olds will continue to be eligible for their first full level 3 via the adult education budget, and for any additional qualifications made available through this offer.
ABE Level 4 Diploma in Business