Beauty Therapy Level 2 Diploma
Applications for this course are currently closed although you may still enrol. Please visit this page for more information.
This course is the starting point for all aspiring beauty therapists and will enable you to achieve long-term success.It is important for our beauty therapists to have the strongest educational foundation and here at South Essex College, we will train you in our professional beauty salons using our professional product range and you will study industry recognised units and qualifications. This will enable you to develop and practice the skills required for progression to level 3 and employment.
- GCSEs at grade 3/grade D in maths and English, or
- Beauty Therapy Level 1 Diploma, or equivalent
- Successful attendance at interview
- You will also be required to purchase salon wear, equipment kit, textbooks and consumables at enrolment
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Customer care/business awareness/reception duties
- Facial skin care
- Health and safety within a salon environment
- Manicure and pedicure
- Skin tanning
- Nail art
- Create an image
- Eye treatments
Assessment & Feedback
- Practical observation
- Written assignments
- External multiple choice exams
- Oral questions
- Portfolio of evidence
Course fee based on 2018-19 for UK/EU students
Progress onto VTCT Level 3 NVQ Beauty Therapy Diploma.