Skills for Art and Design Level 1 Diploma
Learners will work to a series of subject specific briefs developing coursework through sketchbooks and experimenting with different materials, techniques and media. Students will learn the formal elements of art and design and visual language. The course allows for explorative experimentation and creative problem solving in a vibrant and creative environment. The course encourages an awareness of current Industry practice and requirements by developing the learner’s knowledge of progression routes, skills requirements and communication skills.
- Two GCSEs at grade 2/grade E including maths or English, or
- An Entry 3 qualification, or equivalent
- Successful attendance at interview
- Successful attendance at transition event
- You will be asked to provide evidence of your ability in the subject which could be in the form of a portfolio
- Painting and drawing
- Mixed media art techniques
- Printmaking techniques
- 3D craft
- Graphic design
- Digital artwork using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Cultural studies
- Employability skills
- Maths and English
Assessment & Feedback
Internally set and marked assignments.
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment.
Art and Design Level 2 Extended Certificate