Art & Design (Illustration) Level 3 Extended Diploma
This Level 3 two year course will teach you a variety of 2D mark-making skills with a strong emphasis on drawing and generating original styles and concepts for the animation, cartoon and illustration industries. On completing the course you will have a portfolio to present to potential employers as evidence of your artistic abilities. This qualification will also be suitable for those wishing to go onto higher level studies at Foundation Diploma level and then Degree.
- Level 2 qualification or GCSEs x 4 at grade 4/C - one to be in Fine Art and grade 4/C in ENGLISH OR MATHS dependent on vocational subject to be studied
- You will be asked to provide evidence of your ability in the subject which could be in the form of a portfolio
- Successful attendance at interview event
- 2D mark-making skills
- Generating original styles and concepts
Assessment & Feedback
2 internally assessed units
- A1: Skills development
- A2: Creative Project
You must pass all units in order to achieve the qualification
FREE to UK/Home under 19s not in employment.
On completing the course you will have a portfolio to present to potential employers as evidence of your artistic abilities.
Careers for illustrators include book/medical/specialist illustration, concept art, animation, editorial, publishing, multimedia, merchandising, advertising.
- A Level 3 creative programme in Art & Design or Media and Performing Arts (specialist options available)
- Employment – Full and Part-time
- Higher education