Art and Design (3D Design) Level 3 Extended Diploma
This course will provide you with an immersive, focused and specialised art and design experience. Some areas of study included are: visual recording, research, ideas development and small, large and human scale design. Students develop a broad overview of how to generate, develop and communicate ideas in 2 and 3 dimensions, drawing and model making being essential in this process. Hand rendered presentation and technical working drawing, together with computer generated design work and traditional model and prototype making, provide the ingredients for diverse portfolio’s which enable students to progress directly to university.
Please be rest assured that we will continue to make an offer based on your predicted grades or by alternative assessments for entry conditions based on your circumstances.
- A Level 2 qualification or GCSEs x 4 at grade 4/C - one to be grade 4/C in ENGLISH OR MATHS dependent on vocational subject to be studied
- You will be asked to provide evidence of your ability in the subject which could be in the form of a portfolio
- Successful attendance at interview event
- Visual recording in art and design
- 3D computer modelling
- 3D design media, techniques and technology
- Materials, techniques and Processes
- Interior design
- Theatre design
- Product design
- Furniture design
- 3D craft and jewellery
- Maths and English
Assessment & Feedback
- Your work will be assessed through a mixture of external practical and written exams, internal practical tasks and supporting written material
- Your progress will be supported by regular, ongoing feedback throughout the course
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment.
- Foundation Art and Design Level 4 Diploma
- Higher education courses at university or college including our BA (Hons) Interior Design at University Centre South Essex