Animal Management Level 3 Extended Diploma
This course is perfect for those interested in working in fields such as animal science, zoology of veterinary science. You will tackle subjects such as animal health, animal biology,anatomy and physiology. Safe working methods and managing animal accommodation and feeding.
- Four GCSEs at grade four/grade C or above, including maths, English and science, or
- Animal Care Level 2 Extended Certificate plus maths and English at grade four/grade C or above, or equivalent
- Successful attendance at interview event
- Animal Management Course Structure (see actions below)
- Animal Biology
- Animal Welfare and Ethics
- Work Experience in the Animal Sector
- Practical Animal Husbandry
- Aquatic Animal Health & Husbandry
- Animal Health and Diseases
- Animal Behaviour
- Principles of Animal Nursing
- Advanced Animal Nutrition
- Human and Animal Interaction
- Zoological Animal Health and Husbandry
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Investigative Research Project
- Developing an Enterprise in the Animal Sector
- Wildlife Ecology and Conservation Management
- 300 hours of work experience must be completed in order to pass your course, these hours will be split across 2 years. (These hours must be completed on your none college days)
- Maths and English
Assessment & Feedback
- Presentations and projects
- Written assessments and exams
FREE to UK under 19s not in employment.
Aged 18 as of 31st August 2022 and applying for Level 3 Extended Diploma?
Your application and enrolment will be for the one year Level 3 Diploma. If you wish to complete the full Extended Diploma you will need to apply for an (Advanced Learner Loan) to cover the tuition fees after successfully completing the Diploma.
For more information please contact our admissions team
After successful completion of the course, you may progress to higher education to study courses ranging from Applied Biology to Zoology. You could also enter the animal science industry, or undertake further training to become a veterinary nurse.