Advanced Professional Cookery Level 3 Diploma
This course if for anyone who works in industry and would like to continue or refresh their knowledge, or those who want to work as a chef in the catering and hospitality sector. You'll gain a high standard of cookery skills from processes, such as roasting and frying to commodities, whilst also learning other workplace essentials like menu design. If you are an experienced professional chef ready to take your cooking skills to the next level, or a student progressing from Level 2 professional cookery courses, this course will help you by completing this industry-standard qualification.
- Level 2 qualification in Professional Cookery or similar, plus GCSE grade 4/C in English or Maths
- Successful attendance at interview event
- The principles of food safety supervision in catering
- Supervisory skills in the hospitality industry
- Exploring gastronomy
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing meat dishes
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing vegetable and vegetarian dishes
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing fish and shellfish dishes
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing game and poultry dishes
- Maths and English
Assessment & Feedback
Practical demonstrations, written assignments, external examination.
School leavers: FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment.
Adults: Course fee based on 2018-19 for UK/EU students.
You are prepared for employment in the industry.